Student-athlete programs using sport to drive
SPAAT’s development programs use a curriculum that connects with a student’s familiarity and passion for sports.
We deliver programs in middle and high schools through advising services, tutoring sessions, college planning, recruiting advisory, self-development seminars and motivational speakers.
Our program goals are to:
- Increase student attendance and grow a college-going culture
- Increase English and math proficiency rates
- Increase graduation rates
- Increase the number of students who graduate CSU/UC (a-g) eligible
- Increase the number of students receiving academic and athletic scholarships
SPAAT students must:
- Be in a middle or high school sports team
- Be committed to maintaining a minimum 2.5 GPA
Get in touch to find out how our programs can help your school’s student-athletes.
Academic Performance Training
Academic Skill Building
Academic & Athletic Case Management
Academic Advising & College Planning
SAT & ACT Awareness
Athletic Performance Training
How We Work
Our trained Academic Coaches and College Advisors:
- Deliver our ‘College Playbook: The Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete’ curriculum
- Set up weekly study labs at schools for each sports team
- Provide academic mentoring, advocacy and life skills
- Integrate college, career and entrepreneurship programs for students, staff and parents.
Each year we host a prestigious red carpet event, the Oakland ESPY Awards, which recognizes the achievements of our students.